For over 40 years, BIL Group has been a manufacturer of castors, wheels and materials handling equipment supplying major UK supermarket chains, motor manufacturers, airports, the MOD and supply chain and logistics businesses.
The business had a number of challenges to overcome and looked to Frontline to help it implement a solution to meet them.
- The organisations previously operated a dated, limited legacy system that could not interact with emails or produce reports.
- The management realised they needed a complete overhaul of their IT systems, uniting four separate databases and legal entities.
- A new cloud-based platform was required that could control stock seamlessly and grow with the business.
SAP Business One is a great all-round tool that can incorporate multiple products into one system. By condensing all databases into a single centralised SAP Business One system, BIL Group now has solid foundations to grow as a business.
“SAP Business One is at the core of our business. Without SAP we can’t process orders or picking sheets, and we can’t build products. The support Frontline gives us keeps us moving forward,”Tim Murrow – Operations Director, BIL Group
Frontline IT has its own managed data centre, which automatically updates BIL Group’s hardware. The team at Frontline show great knowledge of BIL Group’s database, offering invaluable workshops and they’re always on hand to help.
Value Driven Results
BIL Group is seeing a number of benefits post implementation to overcome its initial challenges.
- Since implementation, stock can be traced and managed accurately.
- Year-end completed 80% faster since condensing the databases into one.
- Real-time reports can be created quickly, enabling management to make faster business decisions.
- A banking and finance program is in development, which will automate payment to suppliers.
- BIL Group is working to become greener by deploying a warehouse management system next year that will generate zero paperwork throughout the building, including picking and dispatch.