IBM recently announced the end of support for its entire line of Power 8 servers as of 2024.
End of support means customers no longer get the necessary hardware upgrades, replacement parts or required support. It also means that security updates, bug fixes, and other technical support are no longer available – leaving those businesses wide open to cyber security attacks.
Frontline’s recommendation is to move customers from Power 8 to Power 10. According to IBM the major benefits of modernising systems with IBM Power10 include:
- Pervasive security and resiliency
- More performance from software with fewer servers
- Superior performance for your enterprise data
- Flexible, efficient utilisation
- Incremental application modernisation
- Comprehensive hybrid cloud management and automation
Learn more. Discover all the ways IBM Power Systems can help you push your modernisation efforts forward. Get in touch today!