SAP Business One (SAP B1) is the fastest growing Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) application in the world. It can be deployed in multiple languages and locations and is used to address specific industry requirements across many different sectors. Even niche processes within individual businesses can be focussed upon, which makes it ideal for SMEs. SAP Business One is also HRMC recognised and compatible, supporting the ‘Making Tax Digital’ government initiative to improve tax administration.
SAP is continually making advances and investments to SAP Business One to extend the power and ease of the software, and to make it even more user-friendly. There are many new and useful features in the latest release (Version 10) which helps ensure the software is performing at its best. SAP B1’s in memory computing gives users a super-fast system performance, report generation functionality and access to critical dashboards – allowing businesses to make accurate and real-time decisions.
SAP consider upgrades to be of significant importance and may refuse to provide support if customers aren’t working on the latest release. This can also be the case for Business Continuity Insurance as well, with many insurers insisting that business software (such as SAP B1) is running on the latest versions of that software in order to meet their indemnity requirements and for claims to be processed successfully.
Frontline’s top 8 reasons to make the upgrade:
- Brand new web client – extended features including the ability to run SAP B1 on a tablet or computer, using Google Chrome or Firefox web browsers.
- Enhancements to financial modules – including the ability to drill down to GL accounts from within the SAP B1 financial reports, extended journal remarks, posting period enhancements and new enhancements to fixed assets.
- Brand new Brexit localisation for the UK – new tool to upgrade your existing database to be compliant with all new UK legislation following Brexit.
- Production management enhancements – such as Resources, Stages, and the new drill down from the Bill of Materials (BOM) to Item Master Data.
- Enhancements to stock management – serial and batch item costing for A/R reserve invoices, updates to UOM Group Changing.
- Advances in SAP Approvals – documents can be amended and automatically re-submitted for approval (no more cancellation documents and starting again)
- Office 365 Integration – ability to integrate features of Outlook with an add-on to send or exchange data with SAP B1. New capability to export documents (as a Word or Excel file), queries and reports from SAP B1 to Microsoft OneDrive.
- Stability and performance – many back-end improvements to increase stability and system performance.
Discover how SAP Business One can transform your business. Get in touch today>>>