Wednesday 21st June 2023 marked the 35th anniversary of the IBM i Series. For over three decades, the IBM i, formerly AS/400, has been a powerhouse in the world of enterprise computing, driving innovation and empowering businesses worldwide.
IBM i delivers continuous availability and provides the enhanced security, simplified systems management, and integration with new technologies that make it the platform that organisations, across a variety of sectors, trust to run their businesses.
The IBM i, now known as IBM Power Systems, has evolved over the years to become a powerful and reliable platform for businesses. These top five features and benefits contribute to its longstanding success and popularity among businesses seeking a robust, secure, and scalable platform to drive their digital transformation initiatives.
- Integration and Scalability: It supports both traditional on-premises environments and cloud deployments, enabling organisations to scale their infrastructure based on their evolving needs.
- High Reliability and Security: Renowned for its exceptional reliability and security features, it offers built-in redundancy, advanced fault tolerance, and disaster recovery capabilities, ensuring uninterrupted operations and data protection.
- Simplified Management and Administration: With the IBM i, businesses benefit from simplified management and administration of their IT infrastructure, resulting in reduced complexity, improved efficiency, and lower administrative overhead.
- Business Continuity and Resilience: It offers features like high availability (HA) clustering, workload balancing, and live partition mobility, enabling seamless workload distribution and failover capabilities.
- Legacy Application Modernisation: The platform supports a wide range of programming languages and frameworks, allowing businesses to integrate modern technologies, such as web services, mobile applications, and AI, into their existing IBM i applications.
Frontline boasts an in-house team of experts with vast experience in migrating legacy systems. We can host, manage, monitor and maintain your IBM i solutions around-the-clock and deliver your services at peak performance with maximum uptime.
Moving workloads to the public cloud can be daunting, but as an experienced managed service provider we constantly invest in the people, hardware, skills and the toolsets required to deliver an exceptional service.
For more information get in touch with the team today>>> Contact us