Managed Services Technical Consultant
Due to a combination of internal progression and growth of the business we require an experienced Managed Services Technical Consultant to join a well-established customer focused team delivering multiple internal and external projects in a fast paced environment.
The role is to provide consultancy level expertise for the design and implementation of new and upgraded customer environments.
The role will require a high level of technical proficiency and will be involved in all elements of solution definition, design and implementation for internal and external customers in a busy and growing managed services environment. As well as providing technical expertise and escalation support for Frontline internal technical support teams where required.
The candidate will have a firm background in Microsoft technologies, virtualisation, storage and networking. Working in a fast paced project environment. Candidate’s experience of working as a solutions architect as well as a Technical Lead within a project environment is desirable.
The candidate will also have experience working alongside a technical service desk, assisting the resolution of internal and customer faults and queries and providing documented root cause analysis.
The technical consultant role offers great potential to demonstrate your experience and skills in a complex and modern hosting environment. Enabling you to enhance your skills through the design, development and implementation of new environments based upon the latest technologies.
- Provide technical consultancy to multiple managed services customers.
- Provide hardware recommendations and develop technical solutions following customer requirement gathering and discovery exercises.
- Preparation and compilation of technical documentation and estimates to support pre-sales.
- Development of high level solution designs and technical implementation plans.
- Preparation and creation of service operations documentation including handover to support teams.
- Participation in the sales handover process to ensure that all pre-sales documentation is accurate and correct prior to project initiation.
- Build, configuration and deployment of internal and customer solutions.
- Proactive support for multiple customer and internal hosted environments providing technical expertise and escalation support for our technical support teams where required.
- Ability to present solutions to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Engage with internal 1st/2nd/3rd Line analysts to assist with customer fault/problem resolution and transfer knowledge verbally and via documented knowledge base articles.
- To comply with documented ISO procedures at all times.
- Following a familiarisation period within the organisation to become an active member of the out of hours support team.
- Ability to work on multiple projects/tasks simultaneously whilst communicating progress.
- Identify and communicate risks and issues including escalation to the Project Manager.
- Provide highlight reports to the Project Manager as required.
- Microsoft Windows Server 2008 to 2016
- Microsoft Exchange 2010/2013/2016
- Microsoft Lync Server 2010 and higher
- vSphere 5.5 – 6.7
- Citrix XenApp & Microsoft RDS
- Microsoft AD, DHCP, DNS, DFS, Profiles, Group Policy
- Hypervisor technology specifically VMWare & Hyper-V
- Storage Solutions
- HP hardware
- Office 365
- IBM and Dell hardware
- Microsoft SQL Server 2008 & 2012
- Excellent communications skills and a professional telephone manner are essential in this customer-focused role.
- Decision making with an analytical mind-set.
- Proven ability to work under pressure and with other people.
- Excellent time management and self-motivation skills.
- Strong desire to provide best of class solutions using the latest technology.
- Planning and organisation.
Experience / Qualifications:
- Current Microsoft MCSA/MCSE are essential.
- Hosting and cloud provider qualifications\exposure.
- Experience working within a managed service environment.
- Project management knowledge or demonstrable experience of operating within fast paced project environments.
This position is based at the Frontline HQ in Handforth, Wilmslow but will require travel and overnight stays at customer sites as needed.
Frontline Consultancy is based in Handforth, near Manchester. We are an established IT solutions provider, and offer a wide range of IT related services. Our technology partnerships include: SAP Gold Business Partner, Microsoft Gold Partner, VMware Enterprise Partner, Veeam Enterprise Partner, IBM Premier Business Partner and Citrix Silver Partner. Frontline Consultancy offers excellent prospects for the right candidate within a successful, very well established company.
To apply, please send your CV detailing employment and any supporting information quoting the vacancy reference number in the subject. We look forward to hearing from you.
We have an exclusivity arrangement in place with a recruitment agency already and will not consider any applications that are sent speculatively from ANY other agency. Only direct application from candidates themselves will be reviewed (or those from our preferred agency).
Please note that due to the volume of interest we experience for our vacancies, we are unable to respond to every applicant. Therefore if you do not hear back from us within six weeks of submitting your CV, please take it that unfortunately you have not been successful on this occasion.
Apply for a job by simply filling in our form or call our HR department on 0333 323 2141.
Latest Frontline Careers
Managed Services Infrastructure EngineerHandforth, WilmslowPermanent
Managed Services Project ManagerPermanent
Senior 3rd Line Infrastructure EngineerPermanent
Senior Service Desk Analyst / 2nd LinePermanent
B2B Prospector & Lead GeneratorStarting salary: £20,000 - £23,000 basic plusHandforthPermanent
SAP Business One Support ConsultantPermanent
ERP Project ManagerPermanent
Service Desk Analyst£18k - £22k (dependent on experience) + benefitsPermanent
Managed Services Technical ConsultantPermanent
ERP New Business SalesPermanent