Managed Services Infrastructure Engineer
Reporting To: Professional Services Manager
Business Division: Managed Services
Location: Handforth, Manchester Staff Management No
Due to a combination of internal progression and growth of the business we require an experienced Infrastructure Engineer to join a well-established customer focussed team delivering multiple internal and external projects in a fast paced environment.
The role is to provide infrastructure expertise and assist in the implementation of new and upgraded customer environments.
The role will require a high level of technical proficiency and will be involved in all elements of implementation for internal and external customers in a busy and growing managed services environment. As well as providing technical expertise and escalation support for Frontline internal technical support teams where required.
The candidate will have a firm background in VMware technologies, virtualisation, storage and networking. Working in a fast paced project environment. Candidate’s experience of working with many hardware vendors as well as storage and networking infrastructure within a project environment is desirable.
The candidate will also have experience working alongside a technical Service Desk, assisting the resolution of internal and customer faults and queries and providing documented root cause analysis.
The Infrastructure engineer role offers great potential to demonstrate your experience and skills in a complex and modern hosting environment. Enabling the candidate to enhance their skills through tight involvement with the development and implementation of new environments based upon the latest technologies.
• Provide Infrastructure advice and guidance to multiple managed services customers and internal teams.
• Provide hardware recommendations and develop technical solutions following customer requirement gathering and discovery exercises
• Preparation and compilation of technical documentation to support new system deployments.
• Understanding of high level solution designs and technical implementation plans
• Preparation and creation of Service Operations documentation including handover to support teams
• Build, configuration and deployment of internal and customer solutions
• Proactive support for multiple customer and internal hosted environments providing technical expertise and escalation support for our technical support teams where required
• Engage with internal 1st/2nd/3rd Line analysts to assist with customer fault/problem resolution and transfer knowledge verbally and via documented knowledge base articles
• To comply with documented ISO procedures at all times
• Following a familiarization period within the organization to become an active member of the out of hours support team.
• Ability to work on multiple projects/tasks simultaneously whilst communicating progress
• Identify and communicate risks and issues including escalation to the Project Manager
• Provide Highlight reports to the Project Manager as required
Knowledge, Experience & Skills
Required Technical Knowledge:
Essential Real World Experience of:
• vSphere 5.5 – 6.7
• Microsoft Windows Server 2008 to 2016
• Microsoft Exchange 2010/2013/2016
• Microsoft Lync Server 2010 and higher
• Citrix XenApp & Microsoft RDS
• Microsoft AD, DHCP, DNS, DFS, Profiles, Group Policy
• Hypervisor technology specifically VMWare & Hyper-V
• Storage Solutions
• HP hardware
• Office 365
• IBM and Dell hardware
• Microsoft SQL Server
• Excellent communications skills and a professional telephone manner are essential in this customer-focused role.
• Decision making with an analytical mind-set
• Proven ability to work under pressure and with other
• Excellent time management and self-motivation skills
• Strong desire to provide best of class solutions using the latest technology
Planning and Organisation
• VMware VCP is Essential
• Current Microsoft MCSA/MCSE is desirable
• Hosting and cloud provider qualifications\exposure
• Experience working within a Managed Service environment
• Project Management knowledge or demonstrable experience of operating within fast paced project environments
Working Conditions • This position is based at the Frontline HQ in Handforth, Wilmslow but may require travel to other sites as needed.
Apply for a job by simply filling in our form or call our HR department on 0333 323 2141.
Latest Frontline Careers
Digital Marketing ExecutivePermanent
SAP Business One Support ConsultantHandforth, WilmslowPermanent
Managed Services Infrastructure EngineerHandforth, WilmslowPermanent
Managed Services Project ManagerPermanent
Senior 3rd Line Infrastructure EngineerPermanent
Senior Service Desk Analyst / 2nd LinePermanent
Temporary Accounts Assistant – 6 weeks initially with an immediate startWilmslowPermanent
B2B Telemarketing / Lead Generator£20k (OTE £24k Uncapped)Permanent
SAP Business One Support ConsultantPermanent
ERP Project ManagerPermanent
Service Desk Analyst£18k - £22k (dependent on experience) + benefitsPermanent
Managed Services Technical ConsultantPermanent
Sage X3 Implementation ConsultantPermanent
ERP & Managed Services Account ManagerPermanent
SAP Business One Implementation ConsultantPermanent
ERP New Business SalesPermanent