B1 Usability Package (B1UP) What’s New
It has been a while since I have written a blog on the latest release of the Boyum Usability Package, in fact, I haven’t provided an update since the end of last year! This blog is going to take a look at the release announcements for B1UP over the course of this year so far, taking us up to Version 2015.06.
Customisation Tool for SAP Business One
Before I jump into the specific updates available, for those of you unfamiliar with this great customisation solution from Boyum IT, here is a quick overview.
Whats New In B1UP
- Added support for MS SQL Server 2014 (Requires SAP 9.1 PL04 or higher)
- Server component have been rewritten to store all it’s data inside the SAP database instead of the BOY-COMMON database. This is done to support SAP HANA.
- Added support for thousand separator being a space
- Added support in dynamic syntax to read values off Weight and Width/Height fields.
- Report action Email now have a new Outlook option to Save as draft and display newly saved draft on screen.
- Added mass import/export to Crystal Report Definitions and Report Configurations
- Usability: When choosing a client or server delivery sub-function the delivery method is now automatically selected.
- Usability: When you create a new configuration via right-click a button line is automatically added.
- Usability: When you create a button line system will now automatically add one more line ready for next button.
- Added Payment Data Manager
- UFFI Code scripts are now stored inside the database instead of BOY-COMMON external database.
- Save and load of big UFFI scripts are now faster.
- Added SortColumn to Macro
- Added option in SQL Report to select line data back to SAP-UDOs.
- Fixed that if you used the cockpit widgets and had an invalid license there was a chance that the client could freeze.
- Fixed that you got an error message if opening the Report Action window on HANA (incorrect case in SQL sentence)
- Fixed that Bank of Canada had changed the exchange rate format of their source making it fail.
- Fixed Document Data Manager showing DocEntry instead of DocNum
- Changed so Document Data Manager clears results when another document type or filter is selected
- Saved conditions are now stored per document type in Document Data Manager
- Fixed that Mailchimp buttons was not placed correctly in SAP 9.1 (due to change in layout from SAP). Added a combo button instead.
- Fixed that if you in the work folder wrote a path ending with ‘\’ it added a ‘\’ when pre-filling the success, error and log folders
- Added Copy System information system
- Added change-log support for “B1 Time Task”, “B1 Validation System”, “Function Buttons” and “Mandatory Fields”
- Added Read Mode button to main configuration (To check switch to the new ADO.NET Read mode)
- Updated the MS Exchange API to the latest version. Now supports Exchange 2013/2013 SP1.
- Added National Bank of Poland as rate provider.
- Added Company House (UK) and Graydon (NL) as search providers
- Added BP Importer (Only work for NNM Provider)
- You can now format up to 250 columns with the format wizard (up from 50).
- Now hide SAP’s Email dunning letter option to avoid confusion if our dunning letter delivery method is active (SAP 9.1 PL06 or higher)
- Fixed that GL Account Data Manager did not work on SAP HANA.
- Fixed that if you selected from the provider search window it did not select the country.
- Optimised the time it takes to add menu items in Add and Edit Menus
- Greatly optimised select/deselect all logic
- Added Activity Data Manager
- Added Production Data Manager
- Added Service Call Data Manager
- Added Extended Event Information to Common Event. The object can be cast to Item Event, Form Date Event and Menu Event depending on the event that happened in SAP
- Added support to use @STORE as .row syntax in Transfer and TransferBack commands
- Added option to disable arrow key navigation on message boxes and prompts. This option is placed on the Usability tab.
- Fixed that Crystal Report used the wrong connection string preventing Table based layouts to work.
- Fixed that the insertion of address did not support the “Building/Floor/Room” field in address formats.
- Increased maximum list count to 100
- Fixed problem with UDF label and “Right justified”
- Now sets “Right justified” as default if running Hebrew
- Fixed that Go To New feature could fail if object key was empty
- Fixed that it did not remove schedules when they where deleted.
- Fixed that warning mails of incorrect version was only sent at server component startup. It is now sent every 24 hours.
- Added objectType as part of Copy system Information for the most common windows.
- Prepared fields that hold items codes to be 50 characters when SAP 9.2 is released later this year.
- Columns are now sortable in the configuration.
- Added that you can use Bank of Brazil with both purchase rate and sell rate
- Added that ITP System Line option (Override description) now also work with labels, tabs, combo-buttons, checkboxes and option buttons.
- Fixed that you could not load 3rd party DLL properly
- Added golden arrow support for Purchase Requests.
- Added support Purchase Requests window.
- Added help button to explain that only UFFE and UFFI UFs can be used in batch config
- Fixed that the copy system information did not work if you right-clicked a checkbox (instead you got a warning message)
- Added workaround to SAP Cockpit widgets giving incorrect data back during close of SAP B1 causing a “Collection – Out of boundaries” error.
- Added a warning/block so you can’t open the Account Balance window unless you have an active Account Balance Report configuration.
- Fixed that report configurations of type “Internal” was not able to use SQL: in Crystal paramters when used in Mass delivery
- Fixed that if report configurations of type “Internal” was mark with a report action with the mark as printed option an error occured after generation.
- Fixed that if you in Report configuration pressed tab on Crystal definition, selected new and added a new CR and then went to a report action, again pressed new you would incorrectly get the Crystal report definition window instead of the Report configuration window
- Fixed that delivery log in extreme situations could fail with “Record exist” if you used the Background processing option.
- Fixed that default dunning.rpt had a formula issue with level 4
- Mark as printed now use ADO.net if ADO read mode is configured.
- Fixed that validation of missing UF and SQL did not happen
- Fixed that you if you had an incorrect SQL statement you would get an unexpected error when trying to run